What does Christian Assembly believe about Baptism?
Baptism is one of the two communal acts of commitment (Communion being the other) given by Jesus Christ himself as sacred practices that should mark the life of His followers. Colossians 2:12-15 tells us that “you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with Christ you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, He disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.”
How Do I Get Baptized?
If you’ve decided to trust Jesus with your life and to follow Him, we encourage you to share that decision with the church through a public baptism. We want to celebrate and join with you on your journey of faith.
- Contact us and let us know of your interest – Call 323.315.0968 or email email@example.com.
- You can also sign-up in the church lobby before or after service when you hear the next class is coming up.
- Attend our mandatory orientation class that discusses the message of Jesus and the reason for baptism.
When are the upcoming Baptism Dates for 2017?
- May 20/21- mandatory class April 30 at 1pm in Rm 100 (South Side – Family Room)
- September 9/10- mandatory class Aug. 20 at 1pm in Rm 100 (South Side – Family Room)
- December 9/10- mandatory class Nov. 19 at 1pm in Rm 100 (South Side – Family Room)
If you are planning to attend and would like more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the personal stories of the people who were baptized recently at Christian Assembly here!