Life Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. It is our desire to be a local church where people can find a place to belong and grow in Jesus, and life groups are one of the best ways we accomplish that.
Life Groups could not exist without leaders (like you!). As a Life Group Leader, your main role is to invite others to follow you as you follow Jesus. You don’t have to have all the answers – you simply have to be growing in your own followership of Christ. We as a staff team are committed to walking with you as you personally follow Jesus and excited to partner with you in helping others follow Him.
Below is a description of our Life Group leader’s commitment and a link to our application for Life Group leadership. Once you have submitted the application, a staff member will follow up with you shortly upon receiving your application. If you have any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
With joy in partnering with you,
The Community Life Pastoral Team
Life Group Leader’s Commitment:
As a Christian Assembly Life Group Leader, we ask that you commit to the following:
Expectations of a Life Group Leader:
1) Be a believer in the gospel of Jesus Christ, have a personal, growing relationship with Him and get baptized as a symbol of that relationship if you have not already done so [Matthew 22:37-38, Colossians 2:12-15]
2) Recognize the Bible as the authority for your life and seek ways to develop and deepen your knowledge of God’s word. [2 Timothy 3:16-17]
3) Be committed to praying for those you lead and for Christian Assembly. [1 Timothy 2:1]
4) Practice a consistent pattern of financial giving to the purpose of God in the local church and in the outward work of God’s Kingdom. [Matthew 6:19-21]
5) Follow through on commitments that you make to your group and to the church staff. [Psalm 89:34]
6) Pursue sobriety from addictive substances and behaviors. [1 Corinthians 6:12]
7) Observe the biblical boundaries of sexual purity. Christian marriage is between a man and a woman and sex is an expression of that covenant, not to be practiced outside of marriage. [1 Thessalonians 4:1-8]
Requirements of a Life Group Leader:
1) Make Christian Assembly your home church.
2) Attend the Starting Point class at Christian Assembly.
3) Meet with one of the pastors assigned to your service periodically throughout the year so that you can be equipped, cared for and prayed for as you shepherd your group.
4) Commit to the mission of Christian Assembly: “God’s grace compels us to lead spiritually convinced and unconvinced people to complete commitment to Jesus Christ.”
Interested? Complete the Life Group Leader Application 2017 (fillable PDF). You can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or a community life pastor. Note: Save the form to your desktop first to ensure that your answers save correctly.